Outstanding Faculty Advisor of the Year Award
2020-2021 Award Winner
Dr. Silvia Marijuan, 2020-2021 Award Winner
Associate Professor, CLA-World Languages & Culture, Spanish & Applied Linguistics
Dr. Silvia Marijuan is an Associate Professor of Spanish and Applied Linguistics. She earned her Licenciatura en Letras from the University of Buenos Aires, and her M.S. and Ph.D in Spanish Applied Linguistics from Georgetown University.
Dr. Marijuan also serves as a World Languages single subject credential advisor, and faculty leader for the Cal Poly Global Summer Program in Spain. The evidence of her dedication to students speaks to how deserving she is of the Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award. Congratulations, Dr. Marijuan!
2020-2021 Nominations are now Closed
The Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award, developed by the Academic Advising Council, recognizes a faculty member who has had a positive influence on students through academic advising. The award recipient will receive a $2,000 cash stipend and will be recognized by the President at Fall Conference. One faculty member is recognized annually.
Guidelines for submitting a nomination:
- The deadline for submitting nominations has passed.
- Faculty, staff, and current students are eligible to nominate faculty for this award.
- At least one submission must come from a current student.
- No self-nominations will be accepted.
- Individual Submissions only. If more than one person would like to nominate a faculty member, each person must submit separate nominations.
- Submissions must include a statement of 300 words or less describing the nominee’s academic advising services, activities and interactions, as distinct from the nominee’s teaching responsibilities.
- Previous awardees are not eligible.
- Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org