Outstanding Faculty Advisor of the Year Award
2022-2023 Award Winner
Dr. Aubrie Adams, 2022-2023 Award Winner
Assistant Professor, Communications Studies
Aubrie Adams is an Assistant Professor of Communication Studies at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, where she has taught since 2017. As a Cal State system alumna, Dr. Adams earned her B.A. from Sonoma State University, her M.A. from Sacramento State, and her Ph.D. from the University of California, Santa Barbara.
Dr. Adams’ personal statement highlights her commitment to student success:
It’s a great honor to advise and mentor students. To facilitate student growth and help them harness their potential, I take a three-pronged approach to my advising philosophy: (1) opportunities, (2) adaptation, and (3) lowering barriers.
Over her career she has received many awards for student success, service, and mentoring. She can now add the Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award recipient for 2022-23!
2022-2023 Nominations are now Closed.
The Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award, developed by the Academic Advising Council, recognizes a faculty member who has had a positive influence on students through academic advising. The award recipient will receive a $2,000 cash stipend and will be recognized by the President at Fall Conference. One faculty member is recognized annually.
Guidelines for submitting a nomination:
- Faculty, staff, and current students are eligible to nominate faculty for this award.
- At least one submission must come from a current student.
- No self-nominations will be accepted.
- Individual Submissions only. If more than one person would like to nominate a faculty member, each person must submit separate nominations.
- Submissions must include a statement of 300 words or less describing the nominee’s academic advising services, activities and interactions, as distinct from the nominee’s teaching responsibilities.
- Previous awardees are not eligible.
- Any questions can be directed to Shelly Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org