Outstanding Faculty Advisor of the Year Award
2021-2022 Award Winner
Dr. Anahid Behrouzi, 2021-2022 Award Winner
Associate Professor, Architectural Engineering
Anahid Behrouzi is an Associate Professor of Architectural Engineering at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, where she has taught since 2016.
Dr. Behrouzi empowers students to lead the evolution of engineering curriculum through mentoring them in projects to create physical and digital demonstration tools, hands-on experiments, and content showcasing the contributions of underrepresented engineers. These efforts have culminated in numerous student co-authored engineering conference papers and integration into the undergraduate and graduate courses she teaches.
2022-2023 Nominations are now Closed.
The Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award, developed by the Academic Advising Council, recognizes a faculty member who has had a positive influence on students through academic advising. The award recipient will receive a $2,000 cash stipend and will be recognized by the President at Fall Conference. One faculty member is recognized annually.
Guidelines for submitting a nomination:
- Faculty, staff, and current students are eligible to nominate faculty for this award.
- At least one submission must come from a current student.
- No self-nominations will be accepted.
- Individual Submissions only. If more than one person would like to nominate a faculty member, each person must submit separate nominations.
- Submissions must include a statement of 300 words or less describing the nominee’s academic advising services, activities and interactions, as distinct from the nominee’s teaching responsibilities.
- Previous awardees are not eligible.
- Any questions can be directed to Shelly Wolf at email@example.com