Information For Transfer Students
Welcome 2017 Transfer Students!
We are here to create a network of useful information and links to connect you to the university system, the transfer community, and supportive tools to help you achieve your goals.
Use this site to connect with other transfers, get answers to frequently asked questions, learn how to adjust to the quarter system, find out about transfer specific events, get access to the plethora of resources Cal Poly has to offer, and discover ways in which you can be involved academically, professionally, and socially as a transfer student.
Timeline Information for Newly Admitted Fall 2017 Transfer Students:
- Accept your admissions offer by May 1
- Submit official transcripts as soon as your final grades are posted. July 15 is the deadline but sending these documents as early as possible will help ensure the accuracy of your degree progress report when available later in July.
- Submit any Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) test scores from high school. Each year needs to be sent to Cal Poly.
- Look ahead to what you can expect for fall 2017 registration
- Students can view class options for fall in PASS starting on August 9
- Attend Orientation (SLO DAYS) on August 14
- Week of Welcome (WOW)/Move in starts September 9
- Fall classes begin September 14, 2017
Registration for your first fall quarter is a different process than the rest of the quarters. We have developed and a guide to help you familiarize yourself with Cal Poly tools. Much of this information will be covered at Orientation (SLO Days).
- New Transfer students will register on Monday, August 14, 2017
For future quarters,registration will occur in two rounds and students will have two registration appointments. Both appointments will be based on your actual academic progress level. The first registration appointment will restrict students to 16 units and the second appointment will allow students to register for up to 22 units.
Who is my Advisor?
At Cal Poly, there are different types of advisors that you will get to know throughout your time at Cal Poly. To learn about different advising offices and how to access them, please click on "who is my advisor" for your respective college or department.
If you don't know where to start, feel free to reach out to the Mustang Success Center.
Orientation at Cal Poly is a two-part series before the beginning of classes that includes Student Life Orientation Days (August) and the Week of Welcome (September). All new and transfer students are required to complete both parts of orientation to successfully enroll in classes and transition to Cal Poly.
"Stay focused and enjoy being at Cal Poly, take in all they have to offer. Go to all of your classes."
"WOW is an amazing experience, it opens up networking opportunities and builds lasting friendships, with people you might not meet otherwise. It;s also an excellent introduction to activities in San Luis Obispo."
"Join and attend. Invest yourself into at least one club."
- Join a campus club or organization
- Association of Transfer Students Club
- Intramural Sports
- Attend Athletics Event
- BEACoN Mentors
Check out other clubs affiliated with your major!
Jobs, Internships and Career Information
- Calendar of Events and Workshops
- 4 Year Planning Guide
- Explore majors & careers
- Career and Professional Development Certificate Program
- Resume and Cover Letter Guidelines
- MustangJOBS Cheat Sheet
MustangJOBS provides Cal Poly students to hundreds of jobs and internships, as well on-campus and local part-time positions. You can also submit your resume for on-campus interviews, RSVP for company networking sessions, and view career fair employers and positions through MustangJOBS. Access MustangJOBS via the Single Click Links section of the Portal.